Reporting to the Executive Director, the full-time Director of Programs supervises and broadens the institution’s core public and school programs. Outstanding interpersonal skills, innate entrepreneurial drive and creative problem solving skills are essential. The Director of Programs integrates program management with the Museum’s outreach and development operations.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Direct, schedule, adapt and broaden participation in school programs (11,000 students/year)
• Oversee the management of the Balch Nature School (accredited preschool program)
• Direct service learning programs (Franklin’s Guides)
• Create and implement public programs and events
• Recruit and schedule group and bus tours
• Coordinate museum rentals (birthday parties, sleepovers and space rentals)
• Work in partnership with the exhibits, collections and development departments on programs and projects that relate to school and public programming
• Manage and evaluate a team of educators and Americorps members
• Serve as back-up for teaching staff, as needed
• In partnership with the Planetarium Director, manage staffing and planetarium program development
• Serve on the Museum’s management team
Bachelor’s degree in Museum Studies, natural history discipline or related field with two years of related experience. Willingness to work weekends and evenings as needed, and eagerness to live in Vermont’s beautiful and rural Northeast Kingdom.
Application instructions at https://www.fairbanksmuseum.org/about/employment
EOE. Applications due by May 6.