compensation: $14 per hour employment type: part-time internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Vermont Coalition of Runaway and Homeless Youth Programs seeks a part time Youth Intern.
Unique opportunity to serve on a 5-person team that supports a statewide network of runaway and homeless youth housing programs and service providers. The intern will help develop Vermont’s response to homeless prevention and services for youth experiencing homelessness and housing insecurity. There will be a need for light administrative, group facilitation and research skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Director to create and be a peer facilitator on a newly forming Vermont Youth Advisory Board.
• Take part in systems and programming planning with a specific focus on providing the perspective and lens of youth with lived experience.
• Work with VCRHYP team to research developing programs and practices across the country that prevent and end youth homelessness.
• Help gather experiences and narratives of lived experiences of youth in the homelessness and youth service system.
• Experience with homelessness or housing insecurity, whether through lived experience, by witnessing peers struggle with housing loss or positioning yourself as a youth housing advocate within your community.
• Strong writing and organization skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with a diverse array of individuals.
• Ability to self-motivate.
• Empathy towards the youth we serve and a desire to influence positive change in Vermont’s communities.
This is a part-time intern position (13 hours per week) that works closely and collaboratively with the VCRHYP’s Director and team to support partner agencies and ensure Coalition programs meet outcome goals. The work is a hybrid of virtual (Zoom) and VCRHYP office which is located at the Washington County Youth Service Bureau Boys & Girls Club in Berlin. The team works together closely and is employed by the Washington County Youth Service Bureau Boys & Girls Club. The atmosphere at the Bureau is casual yet professional.
This paid internship is being offered starting at 13 hours a week with flexible work hours and will end September 2021.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers