compensation: Starting at $12.50/hr employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Located in Craftsbury the Pete's Greens farm stand serves its community by providing a wide variety of fresh seasonal organic produce along with a wide variety of local products. The farm stand is open daily from Mid-May to late October.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with an eye for detail to join our team. We are looking for someone that can do week-end coverage (every other week-end at minimum) and possible week days. This is a 15 hours a week job. Our farm stand is self-service and does not require someone in the store at all times. The farm stand staff member will also spend some of work hours doing other tasks such as packing bulk items for sale in farm stand. This job requires frequent lifting of heavy cases of produce so applicant must be fit and capable of repeatedly lifting 50 lbs.
Farm Stand Products Display and Management
• Stock and maintain farm produce, meat, kitchen products and any other goods
• Ensure proper product labeling
• Rotate stock
• Ensure correct retail pricing for all items in stand
• Ensure all perishable products are pulled from shelves by their sell by date
• Maintain aesthetics of displays, etc.
• Keep cooler, display shelving and farm stand clean, dust free and tidy
• Basic Landscaping: maintain the farm stand flower beds
• Update farm stand chalkboards and road side signage
• Create signage in stand to promote products
Other farms related tasks
• Washing and packing produce on Friday's with the wash house team
• Packing grains and flour
• Other tasks as needed
• Familiarity with produce
• Basic math skills
• Neat handwriting & aesthetic flair (must be able to create pleasing display and attractive easy to read freehand signage)
• Basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Word and Excel, drop box)
• Detail oriented and efficient
• Positive attitude
• Good driving skills
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to act as ambassador for our farm
Hours: This is a 15 hr per week seasonal position working at least every other week-end. Some week days may also be available.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers