Unique Opportunity for FOH Manager- Retail and Cafe (Peru)
QR Code Link to This Post
employment type: full-time
Job Description- Front of House Operations Manager
The position of FOH Operations Manager is a significant role with decision-making and follow-through responsibilities that will assist the business in its continued growth, building on the successes of the past 5 years of operation. The FOH Operations Manager is entrusted to consistently support the mission of our company to ensure an excellent guest experience from beginning to end with the goal of increasing sales. The quality, execution and timing of the delivered products (both in café and store) and the warmth and professionalism of the hospitality are both essential components of this experience.
Front of House Operations
• Work closely with ownership to articulate, document and establish the style of service and hospitality that is unique to our business
o Steps of Service table side
o Timing of Meal and Service
o Aesthetic and style of physical presentation wait staff and ambiance.
• Collaborate with Service Supervisor to oversee FOH Staff & Bar Staff to ensure all tasks are properly completed, with a focus on hospitality, cleanliness and attention to ambiance.
• Collaborate with Service Supervisor to establish & execute a proper sequence of service for the café and the bar
• Overseeing facility maintenance including maintaining sanitation standards in public areas, or beverage preparation areas, and monitoring safety.
• Motivate Team Daily, greet and treat guests as number one priority - with the mission of the store and brand as a guiding principle.
• Oversee the hiring, training and scheduling all front of the house employees (based on a budget established with the owner) as well as monitoring performance and leading quarterly performance reviews and reviewing job descriptions.
• Coordinate with bookkeeper and other resources to ensure adherence to all hiring and payroll processes. Other tasks include monitoring adherence to all laws and safety guidelines along with analyzing and evaluating costs.
• Ensure weekly and daily payroll is maintained and within budget.
• Monitor and reconcile timeclock and tip reporting from back office.
Communications and Liaison between FOH and Kitchen
• Manage daily operations in collaboration with Head Chef
• Offer constructive feedback to the chef on the timing and presentation of the menu items as well as the baked goods in the case.
• Develop an ongoing log of feedback for Head Chef to be reviewed during weekly meetings to include owner and Head Chef
Event Planning and Business Development
• Develop and Manage Special events seasonally with owner and Head Chef.
• Continue to develop client list and maintain relationships with local guests, businesses and networking opportunities with goal of increasing sales.
• Work with owner to continue to grow branded items, online store, positive customer online reviews, and web presence.
• Additional projects to enhance communications between business and community may include monthly newsletter, staff announcements, and utilization of customer database to increase awareness of events and drive sales.