compensation: $35,000-$40,000 dependant on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Washington County Youth Services Bureau (WCYSB) is seeking a fulltime Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) Housing Stability Services Coordinator to join our Transitional Living Program team. ERAP is responsible for case management and supports eligible households (youth ages 18-26) who are otherwise unable to pay rent and utilities due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will support housing stability services, including case management and other services intended to keep households stably housed. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program – Housing Stability Services (ERAP-HSS) is administered by the State Office of Economic Opportunity to help nonprofit partners, including community and faith-based organizations, to provide necessary housing stability services in Vermont. Housing Stability Services are part of the Emergency Rental Assistance program and must be provided to identify and support households who are applying for Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) financial assistance, as well as support households that have already been determined eligible for ERAP financial assistance and have or will receive ERAP financial assistance.
Eligible households have a rental obligation, and one or more individuals in the household:
• has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak;
• can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability;
• the household has a household income at or below 80% of area median income.
The ERAP Housing Stability Services Program will address the following objectives:
• Outreach services to eligible Vermont households, with particular attention to reaching marginalized populations such as extremely low-income Vermonters, persons with limited English proficiency, as well as black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), people living with a disability, etc.
• Additional direct services support, where needed, to provide 1:1 application and recertification assistance to eligible households.
• Housing navigation services to help eligible households transition into new housing.
The position will be housed alongside the WCYSB’s Transitional Living Program (TLP) and will manage a caseload of approximately 20-25 youth that are currently on the TLP waitlist for homeless services. The position will manage outreach to eligible Vermonters; housing navigation services – including housing stabilization, search, and placement; voucher application assistance; community relationship building; landlord-tenancy relationship building; employment assistance; life skills provision; and access to other community resources and supports. The position is a member of and will participate in the Central VT Coordinated Entry HUB (CEHUB) team and will offer other CEHUB members expertise on serving youth populations. The case manager will meet with youth on-site or in the community and will provide life skills training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Housing Search and Placement
• Assessment of housing barriers, needs, and preferences;
• Development of an action plan for locating housing;
• Housing search;
• Outreach to and negotiation with owners;
• Assistance with submitting rental applications and understanding leases;
• Ensuring housing unit meet any requirements or restrictions;
• Assistance with obtaining utilities and making moving arrangements; and
• Tenant education/counseling.
Housing Stability Case Management - Assessing, arranging, coordinating, and monitoring the delivery of individualized services to facilitate housing stability for a participant
• Coordinated Entry activities
• Assistance with application and eligibility process, including re-certification processes
• Housing counseling
• Coordinating/connecting with other federal and state benefits and services
• Monitoring and evaluating progress
• Information and referrals to other providers; and
• Developing an individualized housing and service plan, including planning for long-term permanent housing stability.
In addition, Housing Navigation Services provided under this notice will be expected to provide the full array of services as outlined in the following AHS/DCF definition:
Housing Navigation Services: To provide logistical and housing support to households preparing to move into permanent housing.
• Identify housing barriers, needs and preferences. Explore resources and opportunities within a household’s natural support network.
• Work to address barriers to project/housing admissions (e.g., criminal record, credit report, utility arrears, unfavorable references).
• Develop an action plan for locating housing. Support housing search and placement.
• Provide outreach and negotiate with landlords.
• Work closely with housing providers regarding eligibility documentation and verification.
• Follow-up on referrals to housing to support enrollment.
• Assist with submitting rental/housing applications and understanding leases.
• Ensure living environment is safe and ready for move in (facilitate inspections).
• Support compliance with fair market rent and rent reasonableness, if applicable.
• Assist in arranging for/supporting move (set up utilities, moving arrangements, etc).
• Find resources to support move-in (security deposit, moving costs, furnishings, costs to support home-sharing, other one-time costs).
• Provide education and training on the role, rights and responsibilities of the tenant and landlord.
• Develop of a housing support crisis plan that includes early prevention/intervention when housing is jeopardized.
• Identify of other service needs/ongoing retention support needs and connect client to mainstream services and benefits.
Development and submission of quarterly narrative and database reporting.
Participate in the WCYSB’s agency on-call rotation. On-call is shared among direct service staff in one-week rotations and generally takes place 3-4 times per year, including weekends and holidays. Additional compensation is provided.
• Knowledge of and working understanding of Positive Youth Development practice and philosophy and Strengths Based programming.
• Solid understanding of public housing support services and procedures.
• Communication style that is directive when necessary, but flexible to adjust to varying needs of community partners and youth.
• Strong interpersonal skills that build relationship with partners, youth and co-workers.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and thoughtfully prioritize.
• Proponent of continuous program improvement and strategic thinking.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback.
• Understanding of coaching practices as a form of personal positive youth development, personal accountability and building supportive adult and community supports for and with youth.
• Strong aptitude for writing, public speaking, presenting, etc.
• Proficiency with computer applications and digital platforms, including databases, online form submissions and spreadsheets is a prerequisite skill base for this position.
The Bureau is a fast-paced environment that strives to maintain a relaxed, yet professional atmosphere. We work directly with youth and families, many from low income backgrounds. Office attire is casual.
Benefits: after completion of 60-day probation
Vacation Allowance 15 days
Personal Days 3 days
Holidays 12 days
Sick Leave 10 days
Health Insurance Yes
Dental/Optical Not available at this time
Agency Retirement Contribution Not available at this time
Long Term Disability Yes
Life Insurance Yes
Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
• Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references.
• Position open until filled
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities