compensation: salary range between $38,000-$42,000 annually employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
POSITION SUMMARY: Unique opportunity to serve on a 4-person team that supports a statewide network of runaway and homeless youth housing and service providers. The Housing Project Coordinator supports the implementation of Vermont’s HUD Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP). This program serves youth 16-24 through five housing projects including: Housing Navigation, Rapid Re-housing, Transitional Housing, Landlord Liaisons, and Diversion. Duties will include provision of technical assistance to partners across the state, rental assistance administration and client tracking, billing coordination, and project and grant management activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage project implementation of five HUD housing projects with statewide sub-contractor network.
• Review and approve Rapid Rehousing and Transitional Housing applications.
• Track client data and paperwork.
• Monitor sub-contractor budgets and project spending and process monthly invoices.
• Provide technical assistance and training to sub-contractor sites.
• Participate in assessment and evaluation of VCRHYP’s YHDP projects.
• Assist with creation and submission of grant reports.
• Aid in the development of enhanced systems’ responses to youth housing issues and forward Vermont’s Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program Coordinated Community Plan.
• Support meeting management for assigned YHDP meetings. This could include securing space, confirming number of participants (through RSVP), coordinating training aids (Wifi, AV, materials, copies, etc.), sending reminders to participants, taking notes and other related tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in human services related field
• Experience working in housing preferred
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Ability to self-motivate
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) that works closely and collaboratively with the VCRHYP’s administrative team to support partner agencies and ensure Coalition programs meet outcome goals. Some in-state travel and attendance at an annual national conference is required.
VCRHYP is a program of the Washington County Youth Service Bureau Boys & Girls Club. The work is primarily office- based and located in Washington County. * The atmosphere at the Bureau is casual yet professional.
*Due to COVID work is currently remote/ telecommuting with a planned re-entry beginning in the Fall of 2020.
BENEFITS (After completion of 60 day probation period)
Vacation Allowance - 15 days
Personal Days - 3 days
Holidays - 12 days
Sick Leave - 10 days
Health Insurance - Available
Dental/Optical - Not available at this time
Long Term Disability/Life Insurance - Yes
• Position open until filled
• Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
• Background check required
• Please submit cover letter and resume. References will be requested after initial interview
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three references by clicking on the reply icon at the top left of this posting.
Position open until filled
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities