compensation: Salary will be discussed during interview process employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys and Girls Club (WCYSB) is seeking a full-time case manager for its local Youth Development Program serving the Barre district. The Youth Development Program ensures that youth with foster care experience enter adulthood with the necessary supports to build productive and fulfilling lives. Using a strengths-based and youth-driven approach, the program promotes well-being across the following domains: housing, education, employment, social connections, transportation, health, enrichment and basic needs. The Youth Development program also offers participating youth with access to leadership, advocacy and training opportunities in order to ensure that the foster care system is informed by and responsive to the youth who are served by it.
The Barre District Youth Development Director works closely with DCF social workers, foster parents, other direct service providers, community partners and a number of colleagues providing Youth Development Program services throughout VT.
The Youth Development Program is comprised of two case managers. This position is responsible for direct case management for approximately 25 youth. An additional part-time case manager maintains a caseload of about 10-12 youth. The fulltime case manager will also coordinate and submit all required reporting and data elements on time and will attend related community meetings, including meeting with the Barre District DCF office.
The Barre Youth Development Program Director will receive ample internal support and training. The candidate will be joining an engaging team of youth care professionals serving youth throughout Washington County and will represent program efforts at statewide gatherings of Youth Development program staff from around the state. The position is full-time at 37.5 hours/week and will hold an office in Berlin, but will be expected to travel throughout Washington County to meet youth in their communities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with youth, self-motivated, will possess excellent case-management and administrative skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Barre District Case Manager will:
• Provide strength-based case management to an active caseload of current and former foster youth in Washington County
• Maintain a caseload of approximately 25 youth
• Collaborate with district social workers through the Department for Children and Families
• Manage program reporting and data collection
• Participate in a 24-hour on-call rotation with other agency staff
• Participate in staff meetings on Wednesdays
• Travel throughout Washington County
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Previous experience with case management
• Experience with strength-based approaches to youth care work with a solid grounding in Positive Youth Development Practices
• Ability to work in a team approach
• A solid history with computer applications, database entry, and spreadsheets is a must
• A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required
The Youth Development Program is comprised of one FTE Case Manager/Director and a 60% FTE Case Manager. The team meets formally at least once a week. Individual supervision is provided at least once per week. Youth-work at the Bureau is collaborative. All Bureau employees attend a morning staff meeting once a month and participate in office coverage and a rotation of 24-hour on-call duties. The atmosphere at the Bureau is casual.
Benefits: after completion of 60-day probation
Vacation Allowance 15 days
Personal Days 3 days
Holidays 12 days
Sick Leave 10 days
Health Insurance Yes
Dental/Optical Not available at this time
Long Term Disability Yes
Life Insurance Yes
Background check required
• Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references.
• Position open until filled
• Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers