compensation: Salary Range 31,000-37,000 annually employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The VT Youth Development Program seeks a full-time Youth Engagement Coordinator to support leadership opportunities for teens and young adults with experience in DCF care (i.e. foster care). The Youth Engagement Coordinator is responsible for creating, facilitating, and supporting events and activities that empower emerging youth leaders and help elevate the voices of all youth working within the program. Examples of these activities include the FORWARD youth advisory board, the annual Turning Dreams into Plans youth conference, and various youth-run trainings.
This position is based in Montpelier, VT. The ideal candidate will be creative, approachable, organized, and excited about joining an organization committed to authentic youth engagement and improving youth work throughout the State of Vermont.
The Youth Development Program (YDP) is a statewide program that serves over 500 youth each year, across the entire state of Vermont. YDP’s mission is to ensure that youth with foster care experience enter adulthood with the necessary support to build productive and fulfilling lives. By investing in youth, YDP promotes healthier and better connected young adults, families, and communities. The statewide administrative offices for YDP are housed at the Washington County Youth Service Bureau in Montpelier.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Some of the specific responsibilities of the YDP Youth Engagement Coordinator include:
FORWARD Youth Advisory Board:
● Facilitate monthly youth advisory board meetings.
● Recruit and support members.
● Collaborate with statewide partners at DCF and partnering organizations.
● Support regional and national leadership opportunities for youth board members.
● Coordinate youth panels for foster parent and social worker trainings.
● Facilitate youth speaker trainings to help youth prepare for panel events.
Other Activities & Projects:
● Maintain communication and positive working relationships with staff at all member agencies.
● Publish an annual newsletter to share youth’s stories.
● Act as lead coordinator of the annual Turning Dreams into Plans youth conference planning committee (typically a project that lasts from September-April).
● Assist in the promotion, completion, and collection of National Youth in Transition Database surveys which measures outcomes for VT youth transitioning from care.
● Submit expenditure requests for travel, training, and event expenses.
● Participate in all YDP Admin Team meetings and supervision
● Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in human services related field
● Ability to work in a team approach
● Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Experience working with youth and young adults (ages 14-23) is preferred
● Strong writing and organization skills
● Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with a diverse array of individuals
● Self-motivating and creative
● Ability to manage several projects at once
● A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (required)
This is a FTE position (37.5 hours per week), with desk-space in an office shared with the YDP Admin Team. The YDP Statewide Administrative Team is comprised of one FTE Director, one Billing Specialist, and one Youth Engagement Coordinator. Youth-work at the Bureau is collaborative. All Bureau employees attend a morning staff meeting once a month. The atmosphere at the Bureau is professional casual.
BENEFITS....AFTER COMPLETION OF 60 DAY PROBATION PERIOD
Vacation Allowance 15 days
Personal Days 3 days
Holidays 13 days
Sick Leave 10 days
Health Insurance See below
Dental/Optical Not available at this time
Long Term Disability Yes
Life Insurance Yes
Effective 1/1/2018, the WCYSB will offer insurance coverage for benefit eligible employees through either Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP. The monthly premium contribution from the WCYSB will be $350 per employee. Blue Cross/Blue Shield and MVP offer multiple plans that employees may choose from. Additional premium costs associated with each plan above the Bureau’s $350 allocation will be the employee’s responsibility and are applied toward premiums as pre-tax payroll deductions.
• Background check required
• Position open until filled
• Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
• Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references, by hitting the reply button at the top left of this posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers