The Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club (the Bureau), a private non-profit youth service agency providing quality services to youth and families of Washington County and leadership on youth issues throughout Vermont, is seeking an Assistant Director / Case Manager for The Return House Program. Return House is a transitional housing program based in Barre, VT for young men ages 18 to 24 who are returning to the community on furlough or probation from jail. Youth are under the supervision of the Barre Department of Corrections (DOC). Return House helps these individuals establish a plan for successful reentry into the community by focusing on the creation of goals and objectives including: independent living skills; employment skills; personal goal development; stable housing; interpersonal skills; working towards the completion of educational goals required by DOC; obtaining personal identification; development of community supports and resources; substance abuse and emotional health supports as well as referrals for physical and dental health needs. This position will work with participants on a daily basis; providing support and guidance toward their individual goals by leveraging strengths, rather than focusing on problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Director is responsible for:
• supporting the Return House Director in creating a safe, stable and productive transitional living environment where participants can succeed
• planning, developing and managing all individual case plans for 10 male resident and providing weekly case management
• providing intensive case management for up to 10 additional non-residential community based probationers under the supervision of the DOC
• developing individualized Plans of Care that identify participant goals and assets and monitoring progress toward desired outcomes
• setting up regular monthly team meetings between partnering agencies
• planning all necessary support activities related to physical and mental health, substance use, stable employment, education, interpersonal development and independent living skills
• developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with the VT Department of Corrections and other community service providers, employers, team members (family, providers, and employer), and Return House staff
• commitment to the role of strength-based approaches to youth work with a desire to learn more about implementing Positive Youth Development Practices
• maintaining participant safety
• providing positive leadership for youth and program staff at all times
• managing program efforts to enter and track data through the Bureau's internal data management system
• Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university, Master's degree and equivalent licensure preferred
• Minimum of two years' experience working with youth between the ages of 18 and 24
• Experience planning and delivering quality individualized case management services and supports based on the developmental needs of youth
• Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage an array of tasks
• Ability to engage youth and service providers actively
• Familiarity with Positive Youth Development principles and strengths-based behavioral intervention practices are desired
• A valid driver's license, good driving record and reliable transportation
Mature; self-directed; team player; caring; honest; hard-working; open-minded; positive; solutions-based a sense of humor is a plus
Return House is a fast-paced, dynamic, residential environment. The program participants experience successes and challenges on a daily basis. The program offers many opportunities for creative program development, while maintaining strict accountability for the participants.
This position is being offered at 100% FTE based on a 37.5 hour work-week.
BENEFITS: (After 60 day probation period)
Vacation Allowance: 15 days
Personal days: 3 days
Holidays: 13 days
Sick leave: 10 days
Health Insurance: See Below
Dental/Optical: Not available at this time.
Long Term Disability: Yes
Life Insurance: Yes
Effective 1/1/2018, the WCYSB will offer insurance coverage for benefit eligible employees through either Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP. The monthly premium contribution from the WCYSB will be $350 per employee. Blue Cross/Blue Shield and MVP offer multiple plans that employees may choose from. Additional premium costs associated with each plan above the Bureau's $350 allocation will be the employee's responsibility and are applied toward premiums as pre-tax payroll deductions.
Background check required
Position open until filled
Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Click the reply button at the top left of this page to apply
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers