compensation: $13/per hour; $500 sign on bonus after completion of 60 day probation period. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Return House, a 10 bed Transitional Housing facility for young men ages 18-25 coming out of incarceration is seeking a House Manager to work 2nd shift 2:45-10:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Return House is looking for an energetic team player who is capable of fostering positive and supportive relationships with our Residents while maintaining professional boundaries. This position requires working closely with the Director to ensure the highest level of operational efficiency including, but not limited to: inventory control, food shopping, overall maintenance of the residence and training of new employees. Candidates must be able to encourage Residents in all areas of the recovery process. A sense of humor is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Collaborative Menu planning and/or meal preparation
● Food shopping, collection from Vt. Food Bank etc.
● Supervise residents, communicate and team with co-staff to provide “eyes on” Supervision of all residents as required.
● Transport or assist residents (to plan for / identify transportation) to appointments as needed.
● Role model positive behaviors, problem solving skills, language and appropriate use of authority.
● Facilitate positive peer leadership model.
● Facilitate a positive youth development philosophical model within the house.
● Know residents whereabouts and check on them as required.
● Make sure all house rules are followed consistently.
● Attend and participate in staff meetings and supervision meetings as required.
● Communicate to FSU, WC Mental Health Screeners or local police if resident(s) are missing, or behaviors are unsafe or threatening to self or others.
● Maintain resident accountability to furlough and Return House IPOC expectations.
● Maintain all expected practices in the residence as developed: phone log, check out and check in processes, accountable use of ECT (earned community time), paperwork, communication of events, behaviors, challenges, etc.
• Experience working with youth ages 18-22
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience with documentation and record keeping; proficiency in MS applications, email and internet; organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
• Staff must have a valid driver’s license, and pass a security background check.
Return House is a fast-paced, dynamic, residential environment. The program participants experience successes and challenges on a daily basis. The program offers many opportunities for creative program development, while maintaining strict accountability for the participants.
Continued full time employment is contingent upon proof of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle. Copy of license must be provided to Return House. Until a valid license is obtained, you are not permitted to operate WCYSB company vehicles.
Benefits: after completion of 60-day probation
Vacation & Personal Leave Yes ( 1 week combined vacation personal – 2 weeks after 2 years)
Holidays $50 for holiday shifts worked
Sick Leave Yes (37.5 hours annually)
Health Insurance N/A
Pay increase $.50 per hour at 6 months of employment
$1 per hour at 1 year of employment
$2 per hour at 2 years of employment
This position is being offered based on an approximate 37.5 hour week with time and a half paid for overtime beyond 40 hours weekly.
Background check required
• Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references.
• Position open until filled
• Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
Click reply button on the top left of this posting to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers